Oktoberfest 1908, September 19: “The Oktoberfest of 1908 started with the sound of the bell announcing noontime. This year, some external changes have been applied at the Festwiese (Theresienwiese). […] The chicken frying station between Schottenhamel and Winzerer Fähndl has reappeared as a neat new building. For the sake of the acoustics, the stage dominating the (beer) garden as well as the tent of the Winzerer Fähndl was lowered, and fine balconies were attached to both sides of the stage. […] At the point where the Uhlandstraße meets the Bavariaring, a bicycle parking lot operated by the municipal district office has been erected for the first time. […] The Hippodrom tent received a completely new and effective façade. Farther west on the Rindeck, a Hollandia bar, designed as a Dutch windmill, has found its place.
[…] Every year at the Oktoberfest, a series of more or less rare human abnormalities can be seen, which arouse the furthest attention. This time, there are two outstanding natural phenomena: Lionel, the lions’ man, and Tabor, the ruler of the muscles. “The fairground of 1908 housed 51 exhibitors, 12 inns, 2 vintages, 14 sausage kitchens, 19 cheese stalls, 7 fish cook shops, 13 shooting ranges, 5 photography stalls, 7 swing boats and 3 parking halls”.
Source: Stadtarchiv München